Update:

No receiver yet….dammit…. Fed-X guy showed up with a package, but it was just those stupid ass-ed window blinds I was instructed to buy. Has anyone bought window blinds lately??? Get ready to choke when you find out how much they are. I could have bought my projector for what those damn things cost.

I really feel like an idiot now. I got a phone call from Joe with Axiom while I was preoccupied fighting with a bracket to mount the Q’s. He asked if I was having troubles with the EP 500. Man I can’t say enough good things about Axiom customer service. I told him what my ‘expert’ wood worker’s opinion of what the problem was, and he politely informed me that that would be incredibly weird. The holes are drilled via CNC routers and the inserts are installed from the inside (duh, I’ve done it numerous times, feeling really stupid now). The holes were packed with sawdust and just appeared to have not been drilled. A couple pokes with a small screwdriver revealed the insert….. God, I’m such a dumbass………

Oh, and to really make myself feel even mooooorrrre brighter, I ordered the wrong sized speaker terminal spade connectors with the cables! I ordered ¼ X ¼ going off what the product page said “Axiom speakers are designed for use with the ¼ spade connector”. The terminals are ¼”, but a ¼” spade will most definitely not fit (without bending them). Another email to Axiom…ho-hum, ho-hum, off in the short bus I go…… I even measured the things before I ordered them. Well maybe this little screw up will result in a more descriptive product guide for dipshits like myself. I still think they're really cool cables though...

So if your looking to buy pre terminated Axiom speaker cables, learn from my mistake and call the nice folks at Axiom first.

And I’ll post some pictures after I get everything situated. But at this rate, it may be several weeks, and not days…….