Seeing how this is just a temporary set up, I was just planning on using wire nuts (connect the cables from the speakers to one cable going to the AVR). I like the banana / spade idea though.

For the HT room, I'm terminating the speaker wires at j-boxes throughout the room at the speaker locations. I’m undecided if I’m using banana or spade connectors at this point. Probably spade, for the sole reason of allowing the cable to hug the wall. They make several different types of audio “receptacles” (for lack of a better word). You run the wire into the back just like a 110V receptacle. The doubles can be jumper'ed for two speakers to be ran off one home run cable to the receiver. Make sense?

Axiom emailed me back about the spade connectors being to small for my speakers. I’m gunna know the whole Axiom staff before I’m done with this…..I can see it now.

Their speakers are in fact designed for ¼” spade connectors. At the base of the post, under the washer that’s under the M80 binding post jumper, the posts have flat spots on them. The spade slides onto the post no problem, and the flat areas keep the connector from twisting while you are tightening the cables. A very clever and very nice feature. Unfortunately, my Outlaw sub does not have this nice feature and I still have to send the cables back to get one end fitted with 3/8” spades.