In reply to:

"which is top priority? which do you want me to work on first?" and get the classic..."They all need to be done right now."

Which to me means they're all of equal importance... and they're catagorized right under "lunch".

I've noticed how things are asked of you based on the following words in someone's title:

Officer (CEO/COO) says "I don't care where we go as long as we make more money when we get there" - they know what they don't know and usually stay out of my hair as long as I'm producing. - in high school, these guys were in 4H and missed all the good parties.

Sales says "I promised the client we'd get them to New York by tomorrow" - they ask for the difficult and leave me alone to find the best way to walk on water to make them look good. They need me to make things happen, I need them so I don't have to come into direct contact with the clients' sales guys. I don't speak their language (which consists of sayings like "you sly dog", "how's your wife and my kids?" and are usually punctuated with an elbow to the ribs and spilled beer) so they translate for me. - in high school, these guys were getting drunk in church.

Marketing says "The client needs to be in New York by yesterday", hands me a map of Eastern Europe and jumps up and down in the back seat screaming "Are we there yet?" and "You know, if I would have driven we'd be there already", then they usually hit their head and drift off to sleep until their next lack of forethought becomes my crisis - they ask for the impossible, micromanage every step and then try to put the blame on my shoulders when it all goes to hell. Most of these people have extra chromosomes. A further way of determining someone in marketing is whether or not they have TGIF - Toes Go In First - written on their shoes. - these guys had mothers that drank while pregnant.

Bren R.