KC, the cost difference b/w speaker comparisons only matters if cost correlates directly with quality.
It does not.
If it did, then everyone's Nirvana should be Wilson Audio speakers.

However, as previously stated, to a point, some extra cost is worth it for many. The breaking point at which cost exceeds the point of returns is up to the individual.

My personal curiousity extends more towards the sound differences between speakers just for interest sake. If i can find a speaker that i prefer more than my Tannoys, i might consider watching the used ads for them in the future. I already have my eyes on some Monitor Audio and B&W speakers, all of which i really liked the sound. I would love to get all of them into my house for a better A/B audition. The more ppl i meet in our area, the more auditions with different brands that i can get to do. This Paradigm one is an example.

My Axiom speakers will always remain part of the family. If i ever switch them out for something else, just for a change, they will either go upstairs to the bedroom, or if my daughter is old enough, she may inherit them. I could also put them out in the gazebo on the deck for summer bbqs.
Or i might setup my mother in her retirement, who knows.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."