No, I do not have an opportunity to audition a set, that’s why I asked the question here. I bet Alan or someone else has. On my quest to find the perfect speaker for my budget limited two channel system (quite an oxymoron eh?), someone recommended that I look at Wharfendale at Audiohalics (recommended that I look at the Pacific line). The Opus is Wharfendale’s premium line. They have an Opus 1, 2 and 3. They are all based on the same platform, but with progressively larger bass drivers. The 1’s have a single 8”, the 2 has two 8” drivers and the 3 has two 10” drivers. The 3’s are simply too large for my tastes. The Opus line is all hand crafted and built in the UK, and sold in matched pairs. They even test the drivers as pairs that the set will receive. Retail on the 2’s is $3000, and the 3’s are $3500. The 1’s can be had for $1500, but I doubt I’d be happy with them seeing how they only have one 8” bass driver. Seeing how they are all hand assembled and finished, $3000 doesn’t seam to be out of line considering similar speakers sell for upwards of $10,000. But, if they sound like crap it, it’s still a waste of money.

www.wharfedale.co.uk/range.php?range_id=1