My 80’s are going to the HT room shortly, so I need another set of towers for the two channel system. This time I want real wood veneer. So, I either buy anther set of 80’s with wood veneer when they come out, or I look around a bit. I’m looking around. And yes, there are simply hundreds of different manufactures out there. The only things I have around my neck of the woods to audition are B&W, Paradigm, Boston Acoustics, McIntosh, Polk and Infinity.

Out of all of those brands, the Paradigm studio 100’s are my favorite (besides some $8000 McIntosh speakers). I’m guessing the wood Axiom 80’s will be between $1500 - $2000, so I might as well look and see what else is out there. About half my CD’s are poorly recorded rock CD’s and I get fatigued listening to them on the 80’s. So I’m just wandering around the net reading reviews and asking questions. So far, it’s hard to find a speaker with the same build quality and performance of the M80’s in the < $2000 price point. I just wish there was an intuitive speaker that could automatically sense a sibilant recording and alter the X-over to compensate.

I’ll probably just get another set of M80’s, but it doesn’t hurt to look……..