"it's futile to resist... only the WAF will fight it"

Yea, being a freshman in college I have a few more years before that.

This hi-fi stuff is so addicting. My good friend is coming in my room, and I was looking at some of the brands mdrew posted, was on the McIntosh website, and saying how cool they were, then looking at some Dynaudio self-powered near field monitors (because I'm always going to listen to music at my desk). One had a 10 inch woofer in it, that I was like "woah that would be cool to have." Then I was looking at some brands people over at AVS suggested after I sort of trolled a thread, saying I was interested in the best bookshelves available. Anyways, I was looking at all these brands, clicking around reviews, getting sucked into tube amps, hi fi speaker options and etc...

Anyways, my friend goes,

"Dude, you ALREADY spent a ridiculous amount of money on speakers for a COLLEGE student...and you are looking at getting more?"

"Um...well, I'm not looking at getting more, just looking"

"I know how these things work, you look, see what things you can barely afford, think about it some more, then look at how good they are, then get them...then the cycle continues."

"Oh"

Yea, this is going to be a life addiction. Hmmph. I guess I should get into a much better listening environment before even thinking about upgrading .

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2