Well, I underestimated the time to completion and there is still some finishing work to do, but the basement project started from the raw basement shown below in January is close to being done.

Here are some pics of the "almost done" project. After moving into the house 6/05, I am really happy to have the HT rig out of boxes and operating

The room is 20'x28', less the area in the one corner where the steps are. I still have an area a bit larger on the other side of the room for storage and workbench.

We opted for a room that can be used for more than just HT (playing cards, parties, SuperBowl parties) and still give us a nice option for HT and movie night with some friends.

The color of the walls doesn't show up as well in the pictures. It is a deeper brick color and looks very elegant.

From a vantage point similar to the pre-work pic above:

This area will get a counter top, a black microwave and wall cabinets:

Other vantage points:

A good solution for mounting the huge center (Rocket RS200). It's a mount for small TVs. The arm attached to the wall swivels 180 degrees and the platform the speaker sits on tilts. I added an extra stud when framing to install the mount. From the sitting position, the mount is invisible and the speaker appears to be floating.

I was thrilled to find these sconces. They are ceramic and paintable. The surface is kind of a sandy/pebbled texture. The main body matches the molding and doors and, with a good use of masking tape, the stripe is the same color as the walls. Extremely pleased with how they turned out.

While the furniture we chose in the pictures is of excellent quality and really complements the room nicely , we are expecting delivery of some furniture we ordered in February. Becuase I was forced to deal with 2 posts in the middle of the room (they will be boxed in shortly), we had to find something that was less than 117" wide to fit between them. We found this Lane sectional:

For several reasons, we eliminated the wedge section and got the left & right loveseats (the ends are recliners). They attach to each other and the resulting sofa is 110" wide. The trim paint was mixed to match the color of the leather. We also have 2 small recliners and a storage ottoman coming, all in a fabric that complements the other colors in the room.

Along with the finishing touches, there is also a popcorn machine in our very near future:

As you might guess, I am thrilled to finally get to this point. Let me know what you think.

Ray