Thanks for the advice, everyone...

FYI, below are the plans for the room in question. It's not a dedicated home theater, per se, therefore the aforementioned problems with WAF. But our living room is mostly used for TV watching, even now. This room will be carpeted. The TV and front speakers are on the left-side wall in the drawing. Seating will be along the north wall (by the window) and the east wall (12'-7" wall on the right). The opening on the bottom wall leads to a 7'x14' hardwood-floor entryway. The opening on the lower-right leads to a 10'x'6' ceramic-tile-floored area.

Yes, the speakers will be housed in a cabinet; and, yes, I realize that this is not the optimal setup. Luckily, this is one place where WAF worked in my favor (upgrading from M22 to M60), because she wanted the speakers to be about the same height as the TV if they were going to be in the same cabinet. Are there any samples or suggestions that I should follow to make the best of my situation (aside from those already in the Axiom Family gallery).

The carpenter we'll be using is flat-out amazing. He can work with pretty much any specs we give him -- or he can come up with the design on his own. We'll likely be working with birch, although we haven't decided on the finish (Axiom doesn't seem to offer a birch finish, so I may just go with Black Oak speakers).