Again with the speaker wire.....

This is what I tried in the last 3 weeks since I have been on vacation all of December because of overtime.
tested the budget end speaker wire
12 gage Oxygen free standard wire .75/foot
12 gage Monster MC clear wire $3/foot
Monster MCX-1 gray insulated time correct bi-wire $6/foot
Monster Z2 Reference bi wire $11/foot
Kimber 4TC $10/foot
Kimber 8TC $20/foot

The first 3 speaker types wire sounded very close. Can't tell the difference. The MCX giving just a tad bit more sound stage...like very very very tiny bit.
The Z2 Reference had a better soundstage, more defined controlled bass and range. Mids were okey but a little muddy compared to Kimbers. The high were lacking kinda rolled off or cut short.
Kimber brought out the great soundstage I was missing with my speakers when I was demoing in the store. The highs were great, stage was much bigger. The bass was better with the 8TC. But the 4TC had better handle on highs on my speaker. So if you have bright speakers go for 4TC. If you have revealing neutral reference speakers go for 8TC. What some people have done is run 4TC on highs and 8TC on lows for bi-wiring. I can not tell you how much detail was revealed from going from my old Monster MCX to the Kimber 4TC.
One note on new Kimber wires...with the M22 the high in the beggining is kinda shrill. Give it at least 2 days to a week to mellow out after run in. This is a $200 or less invesment that made bigger differences that a separate CD player (rather than have the DVD do both) or high end interconnects. In the end let your ears decide and tell me what you think on Kimbers.

Saturn

ps:Happy New Year..another year of great music and sounds!!!
Oh all prices above is in Canadian funds .. loonie funds