For the record, i'll just cut and paste Alan's reply from wayyy back. An opinion that i agree with because i've heard 3 brands used myself and you just can't argue against the science of the double blind tests.

"Hello duff,
I'd recommend conventional generic--Radio Shack, etc; even Monster has some reasonably priced bulk wire--12-gauge to 14-gauge cable to connect your M22's. At that gauge, you could have cable runs of 20 to 50 feet with no significant alteration of resistance, and that's what counts.

As to expensive cable, I call it audio jewelry; if it looks pretty (and some of it does) and costs plenty, then of course you'll think it "sounds" better. But, in fact, electrons don't know whether they're traveling in expensive Monster, Kimber, or in low-cost generic copper. They move at the speed of light, and copper is copper, you know what I mean?

The branded Kimber and the like is okay if you'd rather spend large sums on cable than on good CDs or upgrading other components in your system. Will it make any difference to the sound of your system? No.

When individuals who believe differences in cable are asked to distinguish different cables in blind listening tests, the results have been utterly random. In extended listening tests conducted at the National Research Council in Ottawa, I have never heard any difference in branded or generic cables. Nor has a world-regarded Canadian scientist and past president of the Audio Engineering Society, Dr. Floyd Toole.

Regards,

Alan Lofft
Axiom Resident Expert"

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."