BTW, I would not drywall out the corners -- better to do the "superchunk" thing if it turns out to be required

I am not using drywall at all. I am actually installing 1/2" luan plywood on the walls, which should be more solid than drywall. Then at the first reflection points I am installing 18" wide carpet squares from floor to ceiling over the plywood. Then in the corners the same treatment. 45* plywood corners with carpet squares from floor to ceiling. The carpet squares are approximately 3/8" thick with a heavy rubber backing and, by the way, free, as is the 1/2" plywood.

The plywood has a nice grain to it, and I will be able to stain or paint it for a nice look.

I went to the modecalc - WOW - I changed my dimensions of the room so it is not a perfect square, the length is 10" longer than the width, plus I will have 2' bulkheads running the length of the room on either side, so my ceiling height will vary - 8' in the center (9'10"x14'8") and 7.5' at the bulkheads. As far as I could tell, when I put the dimensions in, I only had two areas that overlapped colors. Not sure what I was looking at, but according to what I read that seems to be good? Again, thanks for all the help.

Last edited by 70chevelle; 08/25/06 07:42 PM.