After working like a dog for the last 5 weeks, here is my update.

The room is framed, sheeted, painted, ceiling installed, and carpeted. I built a diy screen with blackout cloth. (for $15 and scrap wood, I couldn't go wrong) The room dimensions came out to 14'8" x 13'2" with a 8" tall by 2' wide bulkhead on the front and 2 side walls. 2 eyeballs in the front bulkhead to wash the stage, 4 sconces on the sidewalls all wired to Lutron Maestro RF dimmers. (WAY COOL!) Currently have most of the trim figured out, and some painted. The colors are a deep red burgundy with satin black trim. I did a built in equipment cabinet at the back right wall, near the dimmers/switches. It goes from floor to ceiling and has ball bearing slide out shelves since I couldn't access from the back. I also built 2 bass traps. Looking down they look like a piece of pie. the two flats fit in the corner and the front is rounded to look like a pillar. I covered them in muslin and then black fabric and then filled them with cellulose insulation. I am now designing a surround for my screen, which is approx 104" diagonal. I am thinking of building a false front with crown & dentil molding and some faux pillars on the sides. It's all in my head right now. I've been very busy bringing this to life, and plan on being finished, at least enough to watch a movie, by next week. If I set up an account for photos I will post. Thanks for all the help.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still very conflicted about my 2 receivers (Denon AVR1400 & Yam 5260). My wish list includes an Outlaw 1070, but don't have the permission. I found a nice Jamo AVR 795 for a good price, but it's not very well known in the states. I am definitely going to connect the two I have before spending any money, but this obsession is going to cost me.

Last edited by 70chevelle; 10/10/06 03:13 PM.