Quote:

The FJ Cruiser looks nice! I thought they would be at least 30K! What kind of mileage does it get? My wife is in need of a new car and that thing would be perfect for where we live. She is spoiled from the economy of her little Nissan and I am having a hard time convincing her to look at anything else. She really needs 4 wheel drive but she hates the fact that they suck down so much fuel!
Ron

I have an AT 4x4. It's the same V6 from the 4runner, suspension is borrowed from the LandCruiser Prado sold in other countries so there's a lot of aftermarket parts that will fit. The manual calls for 91 octane but you can run down to regular unleaded, Toyota posted a bulletin indicating so.

Gas mileage was a factor for me, though I did want a "green" 4x4. I was thinking of the Tahoe that could take the ethanol but the nearest pump is about 30 mi away. I couldn't stomacy paying over $35K for a Hybrid Highlander either. This has the best mileage for an SUV of this size. I've been tracking since I bought it and I'm averaging about 18 MPG. Some owners have seen up to 22 MPG, though that might be w/ the manual transmission.

It's very functional, even for my 17 mo old and 4 yr old. Seats are waterproof (cloth) and floors can be hosed. Comes w/ CD changer and AUX input for my iPod. Has the NXT headliner speaker and 8" sub, sound is fine, not stellar. Looking forward to trying rock crawling after I get a lift kit.