Ron my current '02 7.3 Powerstroke has 245k miles on it and other than routine maintenance along with the A/C compressor/dryer replacement I haven't had nary the first problem with the truck (knock on wood). I had a '96 Dodge with the 12 valve Cummins and really liked the engine but the tranny went south at 165K miles, and that's when I went with the Ford ... both are great trucks but Dodge has really stepped up the ante with the MegaCab. Although I've never been brand partial I'd probably go with another Ford.

I put 200+ miles a day on the truck and depending on the price of a gallon of diesel on any particular day I'll spend anywhere from 65 to 75+ bucks every other day to get back and forth to work...every now and again I fly my plane close to the house for maintenance, leave it overnight and get the use of a Ford Ranger but the idea of staring down the lug nuts of a semi in the other lane on I-95 really turns me off of the small stuff. That and I don't like my knees bouncing off of the steering wheel.

That's why I'm thinking a half ton diesel would be killer.

Last edited by BrotherBob; 09/20/06 09:57 PM.