Quote:

I vote for the video upgrade first. Going from 27" CRT to 92" at 720p will give you much more "WOW" than even the Axiom upgrade from your current mini-stereo, especially if:

- you will receive HD programming (absolutely stunning on my 88" screen with my Panny AE900, roughly equivalent to the Z4 you are shopping)

- you will watch much TV (sitcom/sports/etc) programming where sound is not as much of a factor

Of course, your mileage may vary, as they say, but I say go for the video.

It will be used primarily for gaming, movies, and concert DVDs.

I don't really have alot of plans to run HD cable or anything at the moment. In the future it is a possibility.

It really is a tough decision, hopefully I will get a bonus at work and I won't have to choose!

I am leaning toward Audio, I don't think I would enjoy LOTR on a 92" screen with a crappy 2 channel system.

I kind of like the suggestion of getting the projector and the front mains and a sub. Then save up for the centre and surround channels.

I am really crazy about LOTR, I actually haven't watched any of them on purpose for the past 6 months because when I finally get all the gear (especially the sound) I want that scene when Sauron looses his finger and then explodes to an ultrasonic wave...I am just dieing to feel my room shake on that scene...

Thanks for all the advise guys, I am leaning towards sound If the sub and the 2 channel mix can't be purchased at the same time as the display.

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com