"He who hesitates is lost." Who the heck said that?

I don't blame you for having concerns about ordering an HDTV from an internet vendor. I bought my first HDTV from BB, and it turned out to be a faulty set which needed to be replaced within a week. BB was very prompt and helpful. I was impressed.

But, when it came time to get a new one last May, I found I couldn't pass up the superior prices available on line. I was very concerned about what would happen if I had a problem right out of the box. Fortunately, I received a set that had no problems whatsoever, and was delighted with the whole experience internet buying experience.

If you decide to buy from an internet vendor do your homework! Research the vendor at ResellersRatings.com, and elsewhere. Search the forums to see what others have to say about their buying experience with that particular vendor. If you find one or two vendors that interest you, don't hesitate to ask for opinions on the forums, including this one. Don't expect to find a vendor that has pleased everybody, but be wary of those who have a high percentage of complaints from buyers. In general, avoid the vendors in Brooklyn, and NYC/NJ and those that have "photo" in their names (an exception might be B&H Photo).

Know and understand the vendor's return policy. I recommend talking to a customer service/sales rep to confirm availability, shipping policy, and return policy, and while you're at it, pay attention to how your treated. While a positive customer service conversation is no guarantee you won't have problems, but a negative CS conversation should raise a red flag.

Good hunting and good luck.