>>cool stuff. where do i buy the owens corning material?

No clue, find a local insulation distributor. Or look on the Owens Corning webiste.

>>also, between these 2 choices (ceiling installation only as all walls are exterior walls)
1. double layer roxul safe & sound insulation (as opposed to single layer only), or;
2. single layer only with insulation, but double layer drywall and use the green glue in between

Insulation really has a minimal effect on sound transmission than the drywall or GG.

I wouldn'y spend any more on insulation for sound blocking purposes unless you want more for heat transfer purposes.

I think insulation adds about 3 STC to the total STC of a wall. You don't need to double up on that.

A single layer of insulation with double drywall and GG would yield you excellent results.

Keep in mind that just because your walls are all exterior walls against concrete sound can still transmit through the studs up into the joists.

The poeple at GG recommend doing the whole room with double drywall and GG. Although if this isn't in your budget, doing just the ceiling would give you great results. You can email GG, they are very helpfull.

Staggered studs are also amazing. Like the previous poster said.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com