Thanks for the continued advice and help. I really appreciate it from everyone!

Ok, so I understand that the EP500 is *better* than the SVS PCi line. But can anyone describe how it is better? I mean, is it just more bass? I can tell from the charts that the EP500 has an incredibly flat response from 20-100hz, so is that smoothness a measure of 'better'? My existing sub already puts out a great deal of LFE, enough to rattle my wife's china, but it's not all that detailed and musical. So absolute power is not really an issue. It's that detail, smoothness, and additional musical ability that I'm specifically interested in. Especially since I'm probably keeping the m22's as my mains, I need something that complements them well.

JasonB, I'm interested in your experiences as you have the m22's and an EP350 and are moving to an EP500. You're a step ahead of me, so to speak.

The budget started at roughly $1k, but if a significant improvement can be had for $500 more (SVS + QS4 vs. EP500 + QS4), than I suspect that Santa can deliver. Heck, my wife is telling me that I should just forgoe the usual jewelry and get her a pair of M80's.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 11/30/06 03:58 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office