Quote:

Actually Jason, that's not a bad suggestion. Let's go ahead and add a little confusion for Pete.

A PAIR of STF-3s , if you have the space is less expensive than the EP500 and having the pair would eliminate peaks/nulls. A pair of SVS PCis would be even better.

I agree with you about eliminating the peaks/nulls, but you can get as many STF-3's as you want and it won't really extend the bass any lower. This would be where the EP500 would still come out ahead. Either way, I'm not sure if Peter's interested in getting 2 subs. You 'can' get better sound with 2 subs, but there's a lot more tweaking with placement to get it just right. If its done prefectly wrong, they'll cancel completely and he'll be scratching his head. Call up HSU and tell them "The driver is shaking like mad, but there's no sound coming out... me thinks it broken?" One flip of the phase switch and all his windows blow out . Reminds me of that commercial I saw awhile ago, Best Buy or Futureshop maybe??? Can't remember.

I guess 2 STF-3's is another setup to consider, but if I'm seeing things right, each STF-3 is $480 US + $53 US shipping. As far as I know the EP500 is regular $1200 US with free shipping, so it is pretty much the same if you go factory outlet for the 10% off. There's also more finish choices with the EP500, including the amazing High Gloss Cherry if you order for regular price. I'm not sure if Peter prefers the BBB (big black box) type or if he likes some color. Tough call, glad I already ordered my EP500 so I don't have to pick .

____________________________ M22 VP100 QS8 EP500 Yamaha HTR-5960