Not for our ears.

$800? That's easy. Get the M2i's from the factory outlet and mate them with a Hsu STF-1. You'll be in quite a small room, and with a sub filling in the low end, that may be your best option.

I've owned the M22ti, I currently own the M2i, and I also have the M60ti and the (now discontined Mzeros). I've also owned the Hsu VTF-2, and have heard the Hsu STF-1. (so all of this is coming from actual listening experience )

The M2i is a really great sounding speaker. Very articulate and clear. The only thing it lacks is depth. A good sub can handle that. With your budget and room size, I couldn't recommend highly enough the M2i from the outlet and a Hsu STF-1 subwoofer.

You may wonder why I so highly recommend a Hsu sub? From my listening experience, they're they sub to beat in the budget subwoofer market. Move up the monetary ladder and they start having some competition (Axiom's own EP500/600 being the subs to beat at that level!), but under the $700 mark, I don't think anyone can touch Hsu.

The same can be said for Axiom's speakers. It's all about bang-for-your-buck. To obtain the level of sound quality that you'll get from a pair of Axiom speakers, you'll need to spend much, much more elsewhere.

So...M2i and STF-1. That'll leave you $240 to buy music with! Once you hear that combo, trust me, you'll wish you had money left to go out and buy all sorts of new cds!