I don't even know what this thread is about, but I see video and 1080p discussions. I bought myself a 61 inch Samsung DLP - the 6188 over the holidays and I love it. I sit 9 foot back which is close to the sweet spot for 1080p content. And it does looks outstanding with true 1080p (via my PS3). 1080i and 720p look excellent as well. Really considering the challenges (close seating, poor feed, big picture to scale to) the set does a pretty great job with SD content. I was surprised.

At any rate, if anyone is shopping for a true 1080p set I would add the Samsung 56, 61, or 71? 88's to their list to consider. A couple of calibrators over at AVS swear by them as sets that are most capable of dialing in to film standards with the least compromises.

Out of the box (and in show rooms) they don't look that great, but that's because they come with DNIE AND Digital NR enabled which based on "initial settings" from the calibrators is one of the first things you should turn off.

If anyone ever has any questions about the Samsung please PM me and I'll be happy to try and answer as I get more familiar with it.

Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore