Quote:

I wouldn't just attribute it all to wobulation and move on. Especially if you're half blind like me

X94Blair, your Samsung TV has a really great picture which instantly stands out on a showroom floor. I'm not attacking DLP, nor am I promoting the brand that I chose. Based upon purchasing pshchology, we all buy for different reasons.

Appearance: How the product looks or makes the purchaser look. B&W owners vs. Axiom owners.
Performance: How the product performs, features it has, etc. Axiom owners vs. B&W owners.
Economics: Price or long term cost.
Comfort and convenience: Internet direct, vs haggling with a salesman.
Safety and security: buying a reliable car vs. a sporty car.

I am a performance motivated buyer. So if I know that a Sharp LCD, Sony projection, HP DLP are using some form of "bobbing" or "wobulation" to gain resolution, where some other brands are just using a better video processor, I will chose the brand with the better processor. That is MY personal preference(not everybody elses)

For what its worth, the ISF calibrator I talked to said the Samsung DLP, Panasonic Plasma, Sony XBR2, JVC HDILA and Mits DLP all had excellent video processors and were his favorite sets.

Bigjim asked about the Panny plasma or LCD in his OP. I think the panny plasma is his best bet. I hope he gets a set he likes and am happy you like yours.

Al