Ok, here I go on trying to explain this issue. I talked to the engineer so bare with me if I don't explain it properly.

My understanding was that these amps have voltage regulators that operated in a very high bandwidth (mhz). Over the years, they have had a few calls from people experiencing a similar "static" in their speakers from the amp.

One example that can cause this problem is microwave repeater towers in your area interfering with these higher frequency ranges on the regulators.

What he did to resolve the problem was to place a "cap" on the voltage regulator that basically changes or lowers the frequency bandwidth somewhat, so that it no longer receives the interference. He could not explain why by turning on the lights in the vicinity eliminated the static.

Anyway, the static is totally gone now and I can enjoy movies with the lights off.

In the future I have to make sure I mention this issue if I add additional modules to my chassis.

The reason they do not "cap" all of the amps sent out, is because in theory by lowering the frequency bandwidth, it would make it more susceptible for interferences. For whatever reason, I must live near something that the higher bandwidth won't work.

I do live close to an airport? hmmmmmmmm

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85