Guys:

Finally I unpacked my beloved speakers that were in container after I moved out of the US. I am setting the system in my parents/brothers house. There was some "minor damage" to the speakers, and as I am about to go back to where I work (not in the place the speakers are) will be very difficult to get the insurance to cover for the damage while being overseas.

So, I am posting on the technical forum, as you guys with experience with the Axioms can give me a hand. I have 2 damage to fix, and I havent plug the speakers yet.

First, the easy one. By my own mistake, I left the banana plugs connected to the VP150, which in turn broke the binding posts. The extra lenght caused some leverage, and during the moving the post broke in two at the threads. I havent opened the binding posts yet, as I have a whole lot of unpacking to do (Axioms were first!!). Can the binding post be replaced DIY ?

Second, and very bad one. The Volume knob on the EP500 broke. I guess something hit the packing very hard, breaking the knob in the very edge of the amp. I mean, I have no extra lenght of the screw to work with or something. Any ideas? Can the knob be replaced with a new one, without turning the EP500 in? Also the "Line In" plug its loose, but as I havent power the speakers, maybe tomorrow, I dont know if there is audible damage.

Please guys, if you have some ideas to fix the binding post, or solutions for the volume knob, please let me know. At this stage, sending any Axiom from Venezuela to Canada its not an easy feat, as I wont be there (I am working in Ecuador), and I dont think my family have the time to work with the insurance agency. Keep in mind, that once outside the US, insurance companies are very picky to pay back.

P.S.: Before the question is ask, yes, the speakers were packed without the original box. I ask Axiom about getting some empty boxes, but the price of the shipping such a volume was high, and the moving company assured me that the speakers were going to be fine packed on their own box, which I believe. Looking at the way the packers did their job in the US I was amazed, but once the speakers arrived to South America, another history came over. I saw the container when it arrived at my parent house, different one that the one that traveled across the caribean, and the boxes were loose, and some of them fell when they were unloading. I will put the claim to the insurance company, but I guess will be very difficult to get this "small" stuff going. Usually, major damage have to occure to furniture, electronics, or something bigger than a volume knob and a binding post in order to get the insurance to move. Its sucks, but South America its a tough place for this kind of claims, specially when I want to send back a 73lbs EP500 for a volume knob change... see what I mean ??