Well, the knob issue was solved with a similar solution than the groove and screwdriver.

Very carefully I used a low speed drill and made a hole in the center of the broken shaft, then I screwed in a little hook, and Voila!!! the EP500 its back in business. Not pretty, but no one will see it in its position... Powered up, and what a surprise... A brick and mortar house vibrates so much less that my drywall apartment on the US, that I can really listen to the sub without breaking anything... It just wonderful...

The binding post I'll see today what kind of post I can find locally. Sure I can find something for DIY as you guys mention.

Another thing I found last night while firing the speakers (about 2am) was that on of the M22 was making this horrible "broken speaker" sound... I almost started to cry, when I get close to the speaker, which I am not sure if I got that close to look for a broken driver or just to hold the speaker and cry, well, the speaker cabinet was vibrating. It got loose on the movingm sure it was dropped. That I'll claim to the insurance as well, but it seems that just making some DIY braces, or similar could help. I really learnt that proper bracing on a cabinet its esential.. what an ugly sound if not...

I'll, for the time I wait for the insurance to accept purchasing another cabinet, tighten it with wood flat-head screws, carefully inserted. It will ruin the looks, but they will be very discrete, almost unnoticeable...