I will say this buy a second hand kit. At least you can recoup your money and not every one wants a drum kit. I will only buy Pearl and they also sell a set well last years model called the Target. It is one up on the Forum kit and one level down from the Export ( which is now a Master ) They are the best entry level kit I have seen for the $$$$. Also as for the cymbal I bought new a promotional pak of Sabian B8's for $200 incl 14" hats' 16" crash 20" ride and a free 18" crash and cymabl bag.
I have bought a Export set a few years ago for $1300 and re sold it $650 was the best I got for it 6 months later.
I recently bought a second hand set of Masters Studio's which was top of the line next to the Masterworks and now under the Reference kit. I paid $1400 for them and they were $3000 new three years ago. Not a scratch on them and the quality and sound is unbealivable.
How old is your daughter because my daughter is 7 and she has a hard time playing mine because of the height. They do have junior kits ( scaled down versions of the bigger one ) for $300 - $600 new.

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry