The latest Nvidia driver for my card simply won't playback blu-ray properly. They also haven't fixed the "overscan" bug yet. My tv has considerable overscan, which I've been told is easily fixed with most video card software. Nvidia has the software, but it doesn't work with the 8800 series cards yet. bleck.

I wish I knew more about this. HTPC isn't as straight forward as I'd hoped (and I'm not even using this thing as a DVR!)

I don't have much to compare to, but thus far I've been far from impressed with DVD and Blu-Ray playback. I suspect it's possibly a combination of the nvidia driver, and my lack of knowledge on how to properly tweak the settings in both the video card and powerdvd software.

I finally gave up all hope of getting my sound card to work. After a week of installing, and uninstalling both the card and software, I've come to the conclusion that is simply isn't going to work. I ordered a new card (the original was bought used). If that doesn't work, I'll start pulling what little hair I have left out.

Anyone want to come to LA and give a htpc newb some lessons?