I really like my LPA-1. I have no complaints and it's doing exactly what I expect of a good amplifier to do.

But do check out the forums over on av123.com regarding the LMC. From what I've read, it's a very good and solid receiver sound-quality wise, but it has had some 'teething' issues with some functionality.

There are threads regarding problems with the LMC switching surround modes when it shouldn't be, or surround sound modes not really working as they are supposed to. There was also talk about crossover settings not really working as people had expected in certain sitautions. I won't say anything more, simply because I can't remember the details off the top of my head. Essentially, the LMC is great but not perfect. I don't know if all of the issues have been worked out, but I have read a few threads over there indicating that newer units don't have some of the quirks of the older ones. YMMV.

That said, if I came home and found that my Pioneer AVR had died, I probably wouldn't hesitate in ordering a LMC to replace it.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/12/07 06:52 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office