So I built my speaker stands last night...

The top and bottom wood pieces are 1.5" in width each. For some reason I had in my head they were 6" total height added to the stand (both sets equal 6"). So I go ahead (may I mention with my wife, who was stoked to help out build my DIY gear, including my flexi rack) and cut the PVC pipe and the all threaded rod. I cut the PVC pipe for 15" (15" + 6" is 21", perfect height). I then cut the all theaded rod to 20.25", I start to put it together and realize that I am 3" out!!!!!

So now, intead of my speakers being 40" tall, they are 37" tall, the tweeter is around the 35" mark. I am kind of an obsess freak over little stuff like this, but is it worth it to buy another PVC pipe and all threaded rod and cut it correctly? Will I notice a huge difference in those 3" of height?

My other option was to get spikes for the bottoms of the stands. After some research, they cost too much, which is why I went with a DIY project in the beginning...I have no pictures but my style of stand is like the picture below...

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com