Well, if JohnK says its ok, then I guess its ok!

Thanks John, i wasn't really sure if those 3 extra inches would make a difference I could notice. If I decide to get a riser in the future, I'll probably raise them up 5 or so inches so the back row has a decent sound. For now I will leave them.

I got all my stuff downstairs up and running!! I had a corner setup upstairs before moving it downstairs...now its on the short wall, it sounds very crisp, moreso than upstairs, I am so used to the sound upstairs that now that it is downstairs I feel that it doesn't sound right. I borrowed an SPL meter to check my YPAO settings, and they were all pretty much bang on, including distances, with exception of the sub which was 5db to low.

Just to confirm, set the volume for "0" on the receiver and then calibrate to 75db right?

Can't wait to mount that M3 above the screen...hopefully I will have pics of my temporary sheet screen and speakers after this weekend. I actually had my 27" TV setup right beside the sub last night, after calibrating I tested the master and commander battle scene, every time the sub went off my 27" went weird with lines on the screen...the EP500 is so powerfull it needs to be moved as far from CRT screens as possible

Last edited by Hutzal; 03/15/07 01:52 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com