I am renovating my kitchen in a few months and I want to ensure that I put in some in wall or in ceiling speakers of some kind. I would love to go with the W22s if I can make it work.

My question is, well kind of loaded one :-) I want to be able to access and play my extensive lossless collection of music sitting on a computer in the basement while cooking in the kitchen. Also, wile I am at it, I would like to have speakers in the bedroom with the same access.

In the kitchen I will have a 17inch lcd monitor that will be connected to said pc where the music will reside. I will also use the monitor to browse the internet, for recipes you know :-) ..

So, it's this "whole house" thing. A few ideas I have are: setup a HTPC, pipe out the digital out of the sound card to my Anthem AVM20 preamp, output to Zone 2 or 3 to either a 2 channel amp or "cheap" receiver for the kitchen and bedroom speakers. Run a VGA to Ethernet CAT5 back to VGA to connect the monitor in the kitchen to the htpc in the basement.. Now, Do I need more things like a Slim Device squeezebox or transporter ? I am also looking at those uber remotes, like pronto and MX3000 etc..What about a control panel like the Control4 system maybe ?

There are many ways of doing this, hence why I am solicitating the vast knowledge and experience in this forum.

Thank you !!!

Stephane

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400