Hi Tleigh,

I realize that there are many ways to accomplish my goal. For me the bottom line is getting really good sound from an easy to use and portable device that can control my music library on my server. The non technical view is walking around the house with my MX3000 or Pronto and simply tapping the music icon, selecting "lounge", tap on Supper Club and voila .. it plays in my kitchen, adjust he volume, grab another beer and start cooking

What I have today are: A PC (XPPro) with 750GB of disk space and an M-Audio Revo card, an Anthem AVM 20 multizone preamp that I would like to leverage if I can but don't have to if something else is easier / better. Tat's about it. I have to get the remote control, have speakers installed in the kitchen and bedroom, get some amplifiers, laptop, other devices perhaps like sqeezebox etc..etc..

To get music in my kitchen, first priority, the bedroom can come at a later time, I am prepared to spend up to about $2,500 CA to get the above mentionned functionality. That does NOT include the laptop, that is above and beyond the $2500.

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400