In 1982 I was 13, and bought my first pair of speakers - a set of Audio Pulse 3-ways. (I have no idea of the model) They had 12" woofers and all my buddies were like "HOLY CRAP, MAN!!! THOSE THINGS ARE HUGE!!!"

The year before, my parents bought me a Technics all-in-one stereo, that was actually quite nice. It had a turntable, cassette deck, tuner, and a whopping 12 watts per channel!

That just didn't cut it, sooooo, I bought a 50 watt/ch car amp from Radio Shack. Stole my dads 12 volt power supply and hooked it all up. I tell you, I was really the big man on campus then! The rumours and legend they built were rampant. I was diming lights, and breaking windows. When I started high school, kids that came from other schools would approach me and say, "Hey, you're that guy with the killer stereo, aren't you?" It was hilarious.

Fast forward - When I got my first set of M80's in the early 2000's, I gave the speakers to my brother-in-law. He has never used them, and they are still sitting at my mother-in-laws house. The foam surrounds are shot, of course.

Thing is, looking back - those speakers sounded like crap. Didn't know it at the time though.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.