I remember many years ago walking into the family room only to see my dog lifting his leg on my brand new, beautifully crafted, solid walnut Advent speakers (back when Advent made really nice stuff). I guess he was showing these new "intruders" who was king of the house. It's a good thing he was cute too (LOL).

Getting back on theme here, I've been in a similar quandry as of late using my Panny RP79 for all of my audio as well as video. My 22 year old CD player finally bit the bullet a little while back. The Panny plays DVD-Audio as well which I have absolutely fallen in love with even though it seems very few others have and it is dying a slow but seemingly certain death. I've been thinking about upgrading since the DVD-Audio is sent via analog through my Outlaw 990 thus bypassing it's DAC and I'm not real sure how good the DAC in the Panny is. I'm just not sure what to do, or how much difference it would make, or if I should just purchase a really nice CD player since I have tons of CD's and only a few DVD-Audio discs.