Within 2 weeks I'll have the money I need to buy an EP600. I'd kind of like to stick with Axiom in order to match, plus I like supporting them. I also like how big it is, which I'm sure would make me laugh whenever I see it.

However, I'm also tempted by the HSU Research VTF-3 HO w/ Turbocharger. It's a lot less money (still $700 less after shipping), and people seem to really like it. Some people also say HSU makes a more musical sub than Axiom. The downside is it won't match in color, and besides that, it's ugly. Also, it never seems to be in stock. I don't like ordering something and being put on a list. I'd rather order and know it's going to be shipping within the next 24-48 hours. I haven't been patient enough for the factory outlet, so I know I wouldn't like waiting on a backordered sub.

So it looks like it's going to be the EP600 for me. I suppose what I'm really wanting as far as replies is something like, "Yes, CV, you're doing the right thing. Don't wonder about the VTF-3 HO. The EP600 will make your house fall on top of you... musically."

I mean, I definitely don't have to be thinking of a JL Audio Fathom, right? Ha ha.

The EP600 should be more than enough. I've never had a really good subwoofer, so I'm sure this will be an intense enough experience for me. I figured I should simply get one last run of opinions before the money's in my hands and then immediately redirected.

Also, vertical or horizontal? I've always figured I'd get vertical, but I WILL have space below my TV when I move it all to the basement. I suppose I'm just concerned about placement not being ideal there. If I find it works better in another location, I think I'd want it standing up. Does this sound smart?

Anyway, thanks for any input you may have. I'm getting fairly excited.