Well as most of you know my Odyssey monos arrived and I could not be more happy with their power and performance.

The issue is the free space in my AV rack was only about 10-12" high, so the best I could do was stack them with about 3" of space on top of each amp. There is not much ventilation on the sides at all.

Since they are a class A A/B amp, they are in A mode at idle and do generate some heat. When outside the rack the surface is only barely warm, however, once I stack them in the limited space they warm up a lot more, and are almost hot to the touch, especially the top one as it is receiving some of the heat from the bottom one.

I have taken a picture below with the front plates removed so you can see the space around them. Here are the options that I'm considering.

1) Don't put the amps in the AV opening and just set them in the back closet on seperate shelfs. However, I kinda like to look at them and if they are out of sight I'm not sure I'll like that...
2) I could expand the opening in my wall by going higher and cutting into the drywall. This would require some longer oak trim. Also, I would have to rebuild the AV/shelving unit with some other material besides wood, maybe something with better side ventilation.

If I do option 2) is there something you guys would recommend besides using wood that I can add shelves to in that opening...?

Not sure I have any other options.....

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85