Chess Posits:

Evidence exists
Some has been published
Ergo, it is accepted as fact.

Hmmmmm.

Do I understand you correctly, that folks who disagree with you (no audible differences between different amps, no such thing as break in, no audible difference between different cables - speaker, interconnect, power) are "faith believers?"

OK, nodding and smiling, nodding and smiling ...

I'm not a scientist. Basically the extent of my knowledge about electricity is never, ever take electrical appliances into the bathtub while bathing.

However, I have some experience with amps, I own a bunch, so when you suggest, "Perhaps you would be willing to take the first step at bridging the gap and post a message on the forums in support of the side of science disproving advertised cable theory or amplifier differences.
How about it?" I'll take a whack at it.

For me, because I am not electrically savvy (except don't lick fingers before stuffing them into outlets) all these amps are "black boxes" whose internal workings are obviously the work of very little people who live in each component.

All I can base my opinions on is my personal experience with each of these amps. I can hear substantial differences between these amps. I'd be astonished if you couldn't.

My amps:

Yamaha M80 (2 channel)
Anthem PVA-5 (5 channel)
(3) Onkyo M282s (2 channels each)
Kenwood KA9100 (2 channel)
Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT (2 channel)

Now, it may be that each amp designer hoped to achieve transparency where the amp essentially disappears between the source and the output. I can hear differences. Clearly, I do not own an ultimate amp which achieves its objective of disappearing.

I can also hear differences between speakers and sources (different CD players.)

I use Q-tips, carefully. Follow directions and report back.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.