Quote:

URGENT REPLY BACK

I would need to know the cause of this problem. I am leaving out of town for more than a week on Monday. After than I am thinking of sending my subwoofer back because time is running up for the 30 trial period. Contact Axiom and let them know your time plans; they will probably be more than happy to work with you

Hey all, I just wanted to update you regarding this issue.

I have tested my sub with a new receiver (Yamaha one):

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/HTR6080B.jsp

and also got a sub cable. I have used this for testing purposes and not planning of actually owning them.

I rented U-571, and I played the depth charge scene. In that scene their was a lot of bass, but not much from what I am suspecting. I agree, I was not as impressed with the depth charges as I was expecting. There are a couple of scenes in Finding Nemo (inside whale and Darla's tap) that blow it away I just have a gut feeling it can do so much more. I have got plates in a cardboard box about 12 feet away from the sub and they don't rattle. Whats going on? I don't seem to find any objects moving/rattling except a very loose light bulb on my ceiling. Also my couches don't vibrate as well (14 ft from sub) and this is set to 11:30 o'clock position. I really am starting to think something isn't set properly. Running that hot should have the drywall coming loose if all is set and calibrated properly.

I find it very strange, because from peoples personal stories and them hearing their subs, I get nothing like that. With a brand new receiver there may be a problem with the EP500. With the settings you're talking about you should seriously have concerns about the integrity of your room. Contact Axiom.

-----

I have got a sub cable wire coming from line in to pre out sub from the receiver. I set all speakers to small, increased the volume of sub from receiver, and also put the crossover to even 80 Hz. Anythin else I should change from my receiver settings?

My basement is 6400 cubic feet or so, and it has wooden floors and the back wall from where the sub is, is made of concrete at its center.

Do you think maybe using a SPL meter will be helpful? Absolutely! If you don't have your system calibrated it's hard to know where to point to the problem. EDIT: I see that your receiver comes with a microphone, have you run the calibration setup? This would offset the immediate need for a spl meter.

I am also gonna call an expert at Axiom as well to tell me what is going on.

Scott

Last edited by a401classic; 07/15/07 11:25 AM.

Scott

My HT