I guess I was just trying to say that my current 600, and even when I had a 500 before that, had no problem filling my room with deep LFE and bass.

A lot has to do with placement of your sub to get the best frequency response throughout your room. I currently have the 600 along the left wall, below my "first reflection" sound panel.

I have the ep600 volume knob around 7 o'clock (pretty low), trim on "flat", and crossover knob on "bypass".

The receiver crossover is set to 80hz and all speakers set to "small". The dB's for the sub channel is about -5dB's after calibrating everything to 75dB SPL using the Radio Shack meter.

If calibrated correctly, it does not go TOO loud, however gives me a great lowwww experience and blends nicely with my m80's.

LFE on movies is great. I still use the Darla "Tap" scene in Finding Nemo to impress guests. Feels like your chest is being punched..

If your getting a lot of rattles in your room, you may be running your sub levels to hot, many people do this versus having things setup accurately.

I'm sure the type of floor can play a part in your experience. My basement is thick padded carpet over concrete. Low LFE pretty much passes through anything.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85