Well all balls deserve a good resting place, regardless of age or frequency of use…….

I happened to be wandering through Wal-Mart yesterday and they had Elements 5 with a $60 price tag on it. Not being able to pass up a good deal, I bought it.

For the past few days I’ve been playing around with Adobe Light Room 1.1 (trial download), and I think I’m going to stick with it for my Raw file editing. It’s super easy to use and fast. I prefer Bibble’s approach to how you transfer files and its batching process, but this LR appears to have everything I need for general picture adjustment, a great library module, great printing module and even a module for web specific picture editing (that I haven’t played with yet). I doubt I’ll need to do much more with any pictures in Elements after I get through with them in LR. $300 is pretty expensive though… I also prefer Noise Ninja that Bibble uses over LR’s noise reduction, but I suppose I can always buy that program and plug it into LR (maybe).

I have also just realized that I need a new printer. I printed out some 8X10’s and they look horrible. Oh well, I want to print some 16 X 20 / 32 prints anyway.

And then there’s the new lens(es) I want. Man this new hobby of mine is as expensive as A/V. I think I’m completely screwed now.