Quote:

How do you store / file yours?

Each memory card goes into a folder. The files are renumbered as follows:

YYMMDD_C####
Y = Year
M = Month
D = Day
C = Card Number for that day (1-9 then a-z)
#### = Four digit number created by the camera

An example from this weekend: "070729_10123.JPG", "070729_10124.JPG", etc.

This allows each file to have a unique number (ie. no two files will ever over wright each other). Because of this I can then move/copy all sorts of files wherever I want without worrying about missing giles.

Quote:

And after I download my raw files onto the computer and tweak them in LR, can I export them as JPEG and still find the Raw file? I’m not clear on how that works.

I don't use LR, so don't know how that handles things file wise. For me, when I have RAW and processed files they have different file extensions (.CRW, .TIFF, .JPG) so can be saved together in the same folder.

As for organizing the folders of files to know what is where... I have a really good memory so that helps... but with each file (from the above memory cards) I will give it a simple name:

MM_DD_YYYY - Name

An example from this weekend: "07_29_2007 - SJGP 1", then "07_29_2007 - SJGP 2", etc.

With most photo catalogue programs (I personally use iView Media Pro) you can then create previews for all of the files in a folder... with iView I can save each of these as separate files... typically one for each day.

-Todd...