My vague inquiry really shows how new I am at the game. After quite a bit of searching, I'm now beginning to notice the finer points of audio (rolling off of bass, fuzzy high end, etc.), whereas before I took speaker sound for granted unless it was terrible or really awsome.
I listen primarily for audio, though I have thoughts of hooking up an HT (10' by 15' living area for now) My listening spectrum is wide (classical old jazz, rock). I like to spin vinyl as well (though I had to give my Dual 1241 back to my folks, and my friends don't know what "lp" stands for)
I became intrigued by tubes a while back when I came across a setup with two old monoblocks, and I like the idea of hands on vintage stuff--but have almost no exposure to it for evaluation. I've never owned an amp--as you can see, I really haven't gotten my hands dirty.
My next move is a receiver to go with the m22's--digital, in about the 500 dollar range. I'm hoping to uncover a decent trade in.
I hope this gives a clearer direction of where I'm headed (although part of the fun is not having to strict a path and discovering what comes next).

Thanks again,
Pete

p.s I've had a pair of AR3's I was given last year--they look great, but are stricken with foam rot and really feel tired and mushy--that's what finally spurred me to start exploring.