The more I think about this, the more I'm willing to cut certain features. I don't really think I need any video processing. I imagine upscaling will be built into any DVD player I may own. My other sources will be high-definition to begin with. The only thing that would benefit would be the Wii, and it's not really worth the extra money (to me) to include video processing in the pre/pro for that. Also, not including video processing would probably reduce heat output of the unit.

Also, I don't really need the media streaming capability built into the pre/pro. Chances are that I'll be doing all of that through my Xbox 360 or PS3, anyway, or perhaps an HTPC down the road.

The important things for me are:

1) Support for all current audio formats, and the ability to download updates, should anything new appear (ethernet is my preferred connection).

2) A remote that doesn't suck. Backlighting, some assignable buttons for advanced functions that maybe only you care about.... I don't know. Just easy to use, I suppose, though of course I'll still want to be able to access the menus from the front panel if I want. Which leads to...

3) GUI. I still think this one is important. I would put some real effort into this aspect.

4) Ninja-like operation. No fan noise, no sounds when changing modes, and very fast. It always seems a little hokey to me with my current receiver when it takes a couple of seconds to start decoding a new sound format, but I don't know if part of that is the player or not. Since it happens with all of my inputs, I assume it's the receiver.

I was going to mention something else, but it's slipping my mind. Anyway, I don't think this is too unreasonable. The hardest part of the design would probably be the GUI (I only say that because I haven't seen a really good one yet), but I think it would be worth the effort.

I know I'm talking about this a lot. I'm fairly interested in this potential product, I suppose. If not Axiom, SOMEONE will have one that fits my needs, but I would like it to be Axiom, if they ultimately decide this is where they would like to expand their business. Mainly, I thought it would be helpful to them if they could see what their potential customers are looking for.

Broadening the discussion a bit, what are some things you dislike in your current receivers/processors? Do you feel they're lacking any features, or is it more about the execution? I've never had any super-serious gripes with my receivers. Mostly I just haven't had the number of digital inputs I've wanted, as well as support for all of the audio formats. Man, and there are so many analog inputs STILL on modern receivers. To me, that's wasted real estate. I'd trade almost all of them for more digital connections.

I'm rambling!