Thanks everyone.

I definitely don't turn it up to the Max volume. I really don’t think I’m straining the receiver. If the volume was more close to full tilt I would definitely feel that may be the cause.

When I say sometimes I mean it depends on the movie and the person talking I guess. Depending on the deepness of the voice of the person it could sound like they are whispering. Hope that makes sense. I want to make it clear that it's not every movie or voice. And it's usually only noticeable when there is a conversation without much background noise. I distinctly remember a scene in the latest Mission Impossible movie when Tom Cruise is talking to his wife near the fridge in the kitchen. It was very evident something was strange with the sound. It sounded like he was whispering with a “hissing” at the end of the words.

Adjusting the Treble helps but does not solve the problem. And obviously hurts the sounds overall.

So if this is a possible bad tweeter what other tips are helpful in locating it? What else could it possibly be if not a tweeter or strained receiver?

HG Cherry M80's, QS8's, VP150, and a pair of EP500's