my metal tastes have changed so much over the years. I loved Iron Maiden initially but can't stand the same albums now.

Metallica has always been a favourite of mine. I have almost all their albums and they are well mastered. I do have all their albums in the mp3 format recorded at 192 kbps which is acceptable but not the best.

due respect has to be given to "pioneers" such as Joe Satriani who really brought rock music onto the scene. I find Satriani to be very versatile and his CDs well mastered again.

My first favourites were Judas Priest although many of my friends call them "nursery rhyme metal" music. I have their “Metal Works” CD which sounds bright on the M3.

Somewhere around early 1990's came the suicide songs of maiden, priest, black sabbath etc.

Thrash metal isn't my taste. Maybe I'm just growing old but I can't stand them.

Rammstein's music amuses me. they are good but lack the class of a Floyd or Metallica.

Slayer and DIO too impressed me for a while but faded away. Dio’s “Dream Evil” and “Sunset Superman” made the charts and that was it.

Cinderella captured my attention with their one album Night Songs.

Bon Jovi weaves good themes into their lyrics. Perhaps one of the few “down to earth” bands.

I’ve been completely out of touch with the new age bands. I’ll borrow some suggestions from Murph and try the new ones. Thanks!