Hi guys,
i've been speaking to some HT enthusiasts as well as going to different stores to try and find the perfect 7.1 setup for my basement home theater.

Axiom has always been a contender because they're Canadian and well priced, but I'm conscerned as to how they might sound.

Main Rivals that come to mind are:
- Magnepan setup: consisting of 4 MC-1's ( or 2 MC-1 fronts and MCC-W's rear) and the CC3 center mated to a sub that hopefully will be fast enough to keep up with them.

- B&W setup: probably something from the 600 series, havn't heard them yet because you need an appointment at the local dealer 2 do so.

- Focal

I'm going to bay bloor radio in a few hrs to see what they have available.

The axiom setup i'm considering (pending listening approval of course) is one of the following configurations:

1) M22ti for Fronts on my bookshelf, VP150 center, 4 QS8's for surround, EP500 sub for bass (maybe 2 later on down the road).

2) M60 towers for fronts place about a foot infront of my tv/wall unit bookshelf thingy, VP150v2 center, 4 QS8's for surround, 1 EP500 sub.

Things I liked about the magnepans when i listened to them with music: unbelivable clear, you can hear strings on the guitar, each note, everything. Bad thing about them: not really and low range sound so subwoofers or 2 are a must. May not be dynamic enough for home theater?

Oh, my room specs are as follow (pics to come if needed): total basement room is 12 feet wide, 8 feet tall and about 30 feet long. 15-17 feet of the room is home theater (so 12Wx17Lx8H). the home theater area has a brick fireplace on the left side and where the tv is tehre is a library unit surrounding it on the back wall. The whole place is carpeted and soft funiture consists of: paintings, an L-shape arrangement of 2 sofas, and some other typical basement stuff.

What do you guys think? Also, i'm in the Toronto area, if there would be any one kind enough to let me audition a pair, I will bring the beer and snacks \:\)

Thanks and best regards,

Omar (possible future axiom owner \:\) )

Last edited by Khan Motorsport; 11/10/07 05:29 PM.

-Omar
Team Mischief