Earlier this year we were in the market for a 37 inch LCD or plasma. When we were looking the brands we were most looking at was the Olevia 537H, Vizio, Samsung and the Sharp LC37D43U. There were a few others at Best Buy and CC we looked at but to tell ya the truth I don't really recall all the brands.

The Olevia and the Vizio were ok looking but the build quality seemed pretty sub par, I mean they looked cheap. Now the Samsung really looked good but with all these TVs on at the same time at the same place the Sharp Aquos was the clear winner imo. It was also the most expensive @ $1400 and some change. I was able to negotiate the price down a few hundred.

This, the Sharp, was the one we ended up getting and have been very satisfied with it so far. I just picked up a Toshiba HD DVD player and it looks freaking great. I have only watched with the upscaling so far and I am very impressed.

One other set I liked was the LG LCD. It has a really good picture too. If CC would have come down in price I might have ended up with this one.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud