Originally Posted By: jakewash
Latest thing I have seen on plasma's is they are now coming with antireflective coatings/glass to minimize/eliminate glare and the pixels(the proper term escapes me)are now rotating to prevent burn in.

Looked at a Phillips LCD yesterday and was quite impressed with its PQ.

Jakewash, how picky are you with video quality. That will help us give you proper advice. Buying a tv is very similar to buying speakers in that you want to buy the best that your money can go for. At the same time you may not want to spend more money on a tv where you personally don't see much difference in quality. As far as glare, I wouldn't watch any movies with glare on the tv b/c it washes out the details, protective coating or not. The coating will help. I'd just wait until the sun goes down. Just my opinion.

I agree with Hutzel that Costco is a great place to buy tv's for cheap. FYI, their online catalog and in store products maybe different and the model numbers maybe different even though the sets maybe the same so that its harder to compare prices to places like BestBuy.

As far as sitting distance from your tv, I believe ctown is giving out good advice. Sure sitting 5' from a 46" is nice but not all of us have the cash to buy a front projection that would fit the best viewing distance or a proper room to have a projection tv.