I would love to have a plasma too but I occasionally play games. I read and hear conflicting reports on burn in despite years of advancement.

Another thing to consider is standard def quality since not all programming is in HD yet. The sony I had did an acceptable job with it. Acceptable is the best rating for SD programming on a lcd or plasma tv in my book. Only the discontinued CRT hdtv do a great job. The sharp I have I would say is below average for SD personally.

Another thing to keep in mind is the signal that you see at the store. Even the feed at different parts of a store could be different. With this its hard to tell the true video quality of the tv. I usually shop different stores and have different looks at several models.

I didn't like the toshibas and visio's for the same reason and that I thought the images were a bit softer than the sony's, sharps and samsungs.

BTW, Samsung and Sonys use the same lcd panels, the imaging processors are the big difference in terms of HW determining video qualities.

Last edited by ptran11; 11/16/07 07:20 AM.